Art of Advanced Photography
Elevate your photography skills with our 12-Week Advanced Photography Course. Dive into advanced techniques, ignite your creativity, and master visual storytelling under expert guidance. An included 4-week internship adds real-world experience to your portfolio, ensuring you graduate with both expertise and practical know-how.
Embark on an enriching journey into the world of advanced photography through our comprehensive 8-week course with a 4-week Internship. This program is meticulously designed to elevate your skills, expand your creative horizons, and refine your photographic artistry. Whether you're an enthusiastic amateur, a budding photographer, or a creative professional seeking to enhance your visual storytelling, this course is tailored to meet your aspirations.
What You'll Learn: Throughout this immersive program, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of various essential photography concepts and techniques. From mastering camera intricacies and honing composition skills to harnessing the power of light, color, and post-processing, you'll be equipped with the tools to capture breathtaking images across diverse genres.
- Camera Craftsmanship: Delve deep into camera intricacies, covering everything from types and modes to lenses and settings.
- Art of Composition: Explore composition techniques like framing, rule of thirds, and perspective for creating captivating visuals.
- Light and Color Mastery: Learn the nuances of lighting, color theory, white balance, and color temperature to infuse life into your photos.
- Specialized Genres: Discover techniques for portrait, landscape, street, product, and action photography, with a focus on both theory and practice.
- Post-Processing Expertise: Acquire skills in editing and post-processing, utilizing software tools to enhance and refine your images.
- Portfolio Development: Craft a standout portfolio, showcasing your newfound skills and unique creative voice.
- Real-world Internship: Leverage your skills during a hands-on 4-week internship, translating classroom knowledge into practical experiences.
Who Can Attend:
- Photography Enthusiasts at All Skill Levels
- Beginners Eager to Master Advanced Techniques
- Aspiring Photographers Seeking Artistic Growth
- Creative Professionals Looking to Enhance Visual Storytelling
- Hobbyists Wanting to Elevate Their Photography Game
- Individuals Keen on Exploring Diverse Genres
- Those with a Passion for Capturing Moments Creatively
Introduction to Photography
- Overview of the course
- Camera basics: parts of the camera, types of cameras, modes, settings, and lenses
- Composition basics: framing, rule of thirds, and perspective
Intro to Photo management
- Copying photos from camera to Computer
- Organizing photos for professional shoots
- Managing a photo library
Digital Photography basics
- What is a sensor
- Sensor size and formats
- RAW images and JPG images
- Storage and memory cards
Colour Space and printing
- Colour spaces like CMYK, sRGB, AdobeRGB, DCI P3
- Monitor vs paper colours
- Common Paper sizes, formats and GSM
- Glossy vs matte printing
- Portfolio creation and presentation
Exposure and Light
- Understanding lenses: wide, normal and tele; fast and slow
- Manual focus and Autofocus methods
- Understanding exposure: aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Light and color theory: natural and artificial lighting, white balance, and color temperature
- Techniques for shooting in different lighting situations.
Portraiture and People Photography
- Techniques for taking great portraits: posing, lighting, and framing
- Working with models and subjects
- Outdoor / location portraits
- Studio portraits
- Techniques for capturing beautiful landscapes: composition, framing, and lighting
- Working with natural light and filters
- Post-processing techniques for landscape photography.
- Techniques for capturing great images at night: exposure, white balance, and focusing
- Working with artificial light sources and long exposures
Photo Editing and Post-Processing
- Overview of different editing software and their functionalities
- Image Organization with Lightroom
- Techniques for cropping and resizing images.
Still Life and Product Photography
- Techniques for creating compelling still life and product images: composition, lighting, and styling
- Working with props, backgrounds, and colors
- Post-processing techniques for still life and product photography
Street Photography and Photojournalism
- Capturing candid moments and telling stories through photography
- Techniques for photographing people and places in public spaces
- Ethical considerations in street photography and photojournalism.
Action and Sports Photography
- Techniques for capturing movement and action: shutter speed, focusing, and framing
- Working with fast-moving subjects and different lighting conditions
- Ethical considerations in action and sports photography
Food and Product Styling and Photography
- Intro to still life photography and tabletop photography
- Techniques for creating mouth-watering food and product images: styling, composition, and lighting
- Working with different types of food and products
- Post-processing techniques for food and product photography
- Techniques such as adjusting exposure, contrast, saturation, and sharpness
- Photo editing techniques including Photoshop, layers, masking.
Portfolio creation and presentation
- Sample of portfolios from the internet
- Goals of creating a portfolio
- Determining the portfolio subject (any 2 of the topics covered)
Final Project and Internship for qualified students
- Students will develop a final project based on the techniques and topics covered in the course
- Final submission to be 16 - 20 images either in a book or prints arranged in a binder from any two topics covered in the course
- Critique and review of final projects
Why choose us?
Gain insights from active industry experts. Our instructors offer practical knowledge, real-world insights, and current trends, ensuring valuable education.
Engaging and Interactive
Beyond lectures, this course has interactive sessions, image discussions, and Q&A. Engage actively, ask questions, and grasp digital marketing principles.
Community & Networking
Join a collaborative community of photography enthusiasts. Share experiences, exchange ideas, and network to expand your journey with like-minded individuals.
Are You ready to enhance your skills?
Sign up for our dynamic course and unlock your full potential today!
Frequently asked questions
You’ll need a digital camera (DSLR, mirrorless, or even a smartphone with manual settings) and a strong willingness to learn. As we progress, you might want to explore post-processing software, but it’s not mandatory during the early stages.
No prior knowledge is required. We start from the basics and gradually build up your understanding of photography concepts, techniques, and creative approaches.
Each week, you’ll engage in interactive lectures, hands-on activities, and discussions. Our experienced instructors will guide you through the curriculum, providing insights, tips, and answering your questions.
Yes, we believe practice makes perfect. You’ll have creative assignments to complete between sessions, helping you apply what you’ve learned and receive feedback from peers and instructors.
Yes, upon successfully completing the course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion from our academy, showcasing your newfound photography skills.
Life happens, and we understand that. In case you miss a session, our instructors will provide you with any necessary materials and catch-up resources to ensure you’re up to speed.